Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Why?

Why?

Contrary Shakespeare, “Why?” is the question.  Why am I writing this blog?  Why an MBA?

I would be lying if I didn’t admit that I am writing this blog because it is a requirement for a class.  But it is notable that I was interested in starting a blog prior to the assignment.  I had even considered writing a blog about business and my progression through business school.  Could I write a blog in my spare time?  My time not spent working 50-60 hours per week at my job, not spent working 8 hours per week at my part-time second job, not spent volunteering 3-4 hours per week at my church, not spent in quality time with my family?  So, I decided to put off a blog – until the first week of business school when my professor informed my class that we would be required to blog!  I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason because God has a plan for each of our lives.  So, here is my business blog!  

Considering the blogs that peaked my interest in the activity are not of a similar context (Blessed by Brenna, Fueling Strong, and Pintester), I am slightly worried that the subjects my blog will not be appropriate for my class.  And my “appropriate for my class” I mean:  “Get me full credit for the assignment”.  While I will keep this in the back of my mind when writing, I want to provide my readers (however few in number right now) with content that is entertaining, educational, and applicable to the everyday life of a business woman.

As a reader and follow of this blog you can expect:

·        Reviews of particularly interesting business article

·        Organization and time management tips and ideas

·        References to KPMG, Social Media, and TEAMRETIRE ATHLETE as these are all associated with my brother and his business career.

·        Gems from my classes – you know, those topics that sparkle!

·        And maybe even a craft or two!

On to the other “Why?”  Why an MBA?  To get ahead in my career and make a kabillion dollars doing something I love!  DUH!   More on this later...

No comments:

Post a Comment